Mains Fed Troubleshooting Guide My water cooler is not dispensing water
- Airlock – This is a very simple problem that occasionally occurs with coolers that have just been installed or serviced. The cooler simply needs to be reset. This can be done by holding down/pressing both taps at the same time for a couple of minutes to allow the air to escape. Once the flow of water resumes, you can use the cooler as normal. If this does not work, we will arrange for an engineer to visit to resolve the issue.
- Water filter blockage – Your water filter is designed to shut down once it drops below optimal performance. If this happens please contact us and we will have an engineer come out and change the filter for you. If this is an ongoing problem we may need to increase your servicing requirements.
- Someone has just used all the water – If someone has just filled 4 jugs of water the machine may need 5 minutes to refill and catch up. If the machine still isn’t refilling there may be another issue so again please contact us to arrange an engineer visit.
- Someone has cut off the water supply – This can occur via the shutoff behind the machine, at the connection to the mains or very occasionally into the building itself. The first 2 are very easily resolved by re-opening the shut off valve. With the 3rd one, unfortunately, we’re in the hands of whoever has cut off the water to the building, however it is unusual for the water to be cut off for a long period.
- Power shortage – Check that the machine is receiving power. Some water coolers require power in order to operate the dispensing pumps so check that it’s plugged in, turned on and that the power cable is connected behind the machine. We advise that you remove the power lead from the back of the cooler, then re-insert firmly – you should hear the compressor working. If no lights are visible, the cooler is probably not receiving any power and may be unable to dispense.
- A tap is broken – Some machines use mechanical taps to dispense water and these can be broken by heavy or inappropriate use. If your tap is broken or damaged we will arrange for it to be replaced.